Sunday, July 6, 2014
I love debating theists, especially Muslims, because you know they've got really bad arguments. I just recently had a Twitter "debate" with a Muslim and here are five things to recognize that are clear signs the Muslim is losing the debate you're having online.
1. They begin accusing every criticism of Islam as "racist" even though Islam is not a race. #logic
2. They immediately assume you're a white, redneck, Fox News watching, Bush-loving republican.
3. They immediately assume that you don't know anything about Islam and think you're judging the religion based on the actions of extremists.
4. They immediately assume that you hate Islam, but are fine with all other religions.
5. They ignore or deny the meaning of verses from the Qur'an that clearly show violations of basic human rights and will always claim that you've got the "wrong" translation.
If you get into an online debate with a Muslim you can be sure that you will see many of these paths taken. Your ignorance to Islam is the Muslim's greatest weapon. So I advise you to be as knowledgeable as you can about the history and theology of Islam if you're a serious debater like me.